COVID-19: The New Rules for Grantseeking: Resource Links
The following resources are from workshops we’ve recently presented in Western North Carolina and eastern Tennessee. Many of these resources will be helpful to anyone at a nonprofit organization — the state-specific ones are labeled as such.
North Carolina-only Resources
NC COVID-19 Page
Community Foundation of WNC, Emergency and Disaster Response Fund
WNC Bridge Foundation, Community Outreach Grant
NC Healthcare Association, COVID-19 Fill the Gap Response Fund
Dogwood Health Trust
PPE partnerships and other resources
Henderson County COVID-19 Response Fund
FEMA reimbursement (NC Info)
• Free site by Nomadic Software for governments, individuals, and businesses nonprofits, and organizations to share needs and resources. Created in Asheville, NC, but growing to serve organizations in other US areas.
East Tennessee Foundation Neighbor to Neighbor Disaster Relief Fund
Knox County COVID-19 Response Fund
- To be an eligible applicant, private nonprofit organizations the must own or operate an “eligible facility” that provides an “eligible service”.
- A facility that provides a critical service, which is defined as education, utility, emergency, or medical; or
- A facility that provides a non-critical, but essential social service AND provides those services to the general public. PNP facilities generally meet the requirement of serving the general public.
Tennessee resource announcements
FCC COVID-19 Telehealth Program
- Provides $200 million in funding to help health care providers provide connected care services to patients in response to the pandemic. The Program will provide immediate support to eligible health care providers responding to COVID-19 by fully funding their telecommunications services, information services, and devices necessary to provide critical connected care services until the program’s funds have been expended or the pandemic has ended.
Small Business Administration (SBA) Coronavirus Pandemic Disaster Loans
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL)
- Mid-Size Loan Program (To Be Determined, 500+ employees)
Take advantage of Employee Retention Credits and deferral of your employer shares of Social Security taxes. Also, donors benefit from changes to limitations on charitable contributions
There is no shortage of need, and funders want solutions. Even when grantmakers say ‘no’, there are opportunities to build new relationships. Nonprofit/strategic resources compiled by Bridgespan
Keep watch for new opportunities. Some sites for nonprofits have established pages listing these as they are announced. For example:
The CARES Act calls for infusions of funds to these sectors:
Sen. Ron Wyden created a summarized list of COVID-19 bills and available resources (as of early April) – https://bit.ly/2YWmY1b
Resources for Staying Sane
Find a broken link? Please email me and I will fix it.
Mark Goldstein, CFRE • firstname.lastname@example.org • (828) 650-0902 • www.communicationmark.com • Copyright 2010-2020, All Rights Reserved